Good Friday to you all. Well, not Good Friday. Happy Friday? Isn’t that redundant?
- Not a lot of gaming this week. The most I got in was another solo game of Mage Knight. I’m starting to think that I need to play more with other people, since there are moments when it’s painfully obvious that I’m not going to win the game (i.e., every game I play). It’d be nice to be able to play against another person. That way at least one of us could win. Having said that, it’s still a great game. It digs it’s claws into my brain so that I’m thinking about it days later.
- I recently started playing Androminion on Android. This is a non-licensed Dominion clone, for those who do not know. It’s alright, although it doesn’t have all of the cards. So that means if you play a game with Prosperity there’s a smaller pool of cards. That’s too bad, but for a free app I shouldn’t complain too much. It does make me realize that deck-building is probably the most app-friendly of any game genre. I honestly haven’t played so much Dominion in about a year, so that’s something.
- I’ve watched about five seasons of 30 Rock in two months. That’s way more depressing when I see it printed on a page.
- I recently finished the first Hyperion book. It was probably one of the most beautiful, moving works of sci-fi I’ve ever read. It’s only real downside is that it stops instead of ending. I have the sequel on-hand, so it’s not a big deal. And man, it was just that powerful a book. Highly recommended.
- I’m surprised I haven’t head more about this, but the new distribution deal between Hans Im Gluck and Z-Man Games strikes me as kind of a big deal. The biggest thing is that it means Carcassonne will now be a Z-Man product. That can only be considered a net loss for Rio Grande. I once read something about Jay Tummelson turning down some other game because he figures he’s selling enough of Dominion. No doubt he is, but that still strikes me as a way to have your business be mired in mediocrity for years. We’ll see how it shakes out.
- My wife and I celebrated four years of marriage this week. I don’t comment much on my personal life, but it’s far to short a time to be with such a wonderful woman.
- We’ve come a long way, baby.