I’m back from Baby Jail! Or at least, I’m on parole so I can actually start blogging again. This won’t be a very long update, as time is short and there isn’t a lot to share. Besides that, I’m a little run-down from lack of sleep. Not from the infant, mind you. No, the toddler is up much earlier, and has the ability to open our bedroom door.
- Played another game of Circus Train last night, this time with five people. It’s still a great game, but it’s very tight indeed with five players. There’s not a lot I can add to my review, but it’s a great game. I highly recommend putting your name down for the GMT version.
- Finally caught up with the newest season of Mad Men. It was an excellent season, and very unusual in many ways. I have always appreciated how the show doesn’t rely on too many cheap “twist” moments, but selects the right time to really surprise you. Unusual ending too, more of a whimper than a bang. I think that was the right choice as well.
- I’ve been reading the Star Wars novel Heir to the Empire for a few weeks. Not because it’s a particularly tough book to get through, but because that’s just how babies are. But without realizing it, it’s booked along to where I only have about 80 pages left. Not many books sneak up on me that way, so that’s pretty cool.
- Because I hate success, I recently began another online game of Titan. If precedent holds, I shouldn’t be in very long.
- My hatred of success has also rubbed off on the Browns, who are playing like a college team. On one hand, that means they suck mightily. On the other, I see a lot of young players playing with passion. That’s a good sign for the future, but man they are awful right now.
- I have no idea what to make of Ohio State this year, but I look forward to this weekend’s game at Michigan State.
- The Indians fired their manager. I hear they may try to bring Terry Francona on board. I could get excited about that…
- The first rule of iPhone 5…