We are now one third of the way through the three-headed monster that is the American holiday season. This year is a special one, because we have an election to contend with as well! You should be fine as long as you don’t walk into any stores, watch any TV, or ever use the internet until after January 1st.
- A lot of games this past weekend, notably a great game of Talisman plus the first three expansions on Friday night. It was good enough to convince me that I love that game. And for those who say it’s all luck, I’m undefeated in 3 games. YOU CAN’T EXPLAIN THAT.
- I also played Eurorails, one of the better-loved entries into Mayfair’s crayon rail games. It was a lot of fun, and I would definitely play again. It had that nice leisurely feeling that old games sometimes have. It’d be good for a group of buddies who like to spend a lot of time chatting between turns.
- In celebration of Halloween, I watched both The Wolf Man and The Invisible Man, both of which are from those old Univeral vaults. I loved them both, particularly the latter. They’re still on Netflix. Stream them now!
- For reasons I don’t understand, I think the Browns might beat the Ravens this weekend. I’m not putting money on it or anything. Call it a hunch though.
- At the behest of numerous people, I started digging into Avatar: The Last Airbender. I’m only about six episodes in, but it’s a promising start. Continuing adventures might be delayed by…
- The Wire, season five. I’ve only got 10 episodes left, and only two weeks in which to watch them! No one bother me!
- As someone allergic to dogs, this is a huge time-saver.